I already have a phone socket, do I still need an engineer visit?

If you have a telephone line, we will require the number to allow us to take this service over. Please go to the property with a landline telephone and plug the phone into the socket. If there is a dial tone, dial 17070. The operator will read your telephone number back to you, make a note of this and send it to us for verification. If you do not get a dial tone when you plug the phone in, this socket is inactive and an engineer will still be required.