Can I change my rateable value water quote?

The Valuation Office no longer changes rateable values. They cannot be changed by water companies and cannot be appealed by the customer. So any home improvements to a property since 1990 aren't considered. In cases where the rateable value is clearly invalid, for example if a property is redeveloped and split into flats, the only alternative way to charge is to fit a water meter.